Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Quick Update

I didn't do a lot of programming in the last weeks, because I was busy designing the network functionality and considering different techiques of lag compensation and stuff. I finally came up with a concept that I plan on implementing. If all goes well, the system will be very easy to expand, but I am still worried about performance issues.

What else happened? Creating and joining a game, as well as disconnecting seems to work pretty well now. A basic chat system with a very simple user interface is also in place. This allows me to enter commands without having to program a sophisticated ui. This will most likely look a lot better in the final game, but it does its job for the moment.

Here is a screenshot:
Basic chat interface with join/leave game messages
That's it for now. I will post about my plans for the more advanced network stuff as soon as I verified that it will work.

No comments:

Post a Comment